Maykol R. Postigo Jasahui, M.D.
Dr. Maykol Postigo is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center who is board certified in Interventional Pulmonology, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. His clinical interests include diagnosing and staging lung cancer, endoscopic management of lung cancer, bronchoscopy, endobronchial lung volume reduction, complex pleural disease, complex malignant and benign airway disease, bronchial thermoplasty and other lung diseases.
Dr. Postigo received his medical degree from the Universidad Catolica de Santa Maria in Arequipa, Peru, and proceeded to receive his Internal Medicine Residency and Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship training at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He then completed a sub-specialty fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Postigo is dedicated to education. He spends much of his time training residents and fellows. He also frequently presents lectures at local, national and international conferences. He serves as a clinical instructor in ultrasonography for the American College of CHEST Physicians. He is also part of many clinical research trials.
Education and Training
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, Universidad Catolica de Santa Maria , Arequipa, Arequipa
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Interventional Pulmonology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- Pulmonary Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, Member, 2017 - 2017
- American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2013 - Present
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2013 - 2013
- Peruvian Medical College, Member, 2008 - Present
Dr. Maykol Postigo has a broad range of research interests and participates in multiple clinical research projects. He enjoys collaborating with physicians from multiple specialties to create a multi-disciplinary approach. His research goals include: improving the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer, furthering the diagnosis and management of complex pleural disease and expanding the endoscopic management of severe COPD, asthma and complex airway disease.
- Postigo Jasahui, Maykol., R, Satterwhite, Lewis. 2019. Upper Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis, 330-339
- Postigo, Maykol, Hall, Chase., S., Castro, Mario. 2020. Predicting the Response to Bronchial Thermoplasty: The Needier, the Better. JOURNAL OF ALLERGY AND CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY-IN PRACTICE, 8 (4), 1261-1262
- Cook, Christine ., M, Postigo Jasahui, Maykol., R. 2020. A Review of the Modern, Multidiscoplinary Approach to the Management of Massive Hemoptysis. Shanghai Chest Journal , 4