Michael Perry, MD
Dr. Michael W. Perry is an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in Adult Reconstructive Surgery. As an Adult Reconstructive specialist, he treats patients with a variety of causes of hip and/or knee pain including osteoarthritis, avascular necrosis/osteonecrosis, post-traumatic arthritis, fractures about the hip or knee, periprosthetic fractures, infections, as well as persistent pain following hip or knee surgery. He specializes in complex hip and knee replacement using a variety of approaches to best suit each individual patient.
Dr. Perry completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS, where he majored in Business with a Chemistry concentration. He then completed his medical school training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City, KS. After medical school, he completes his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago, IL. He then completed a fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at Scripps Clinic Medical Group in La Jolla, CA, where he trained with experts in complex primary and revision hip and knee replacements, as well as joint preservation techniques and osteochondral allografts. He then returned to Kansas City to become a staff surgeon at the University of Kansas Health System.
Dr. Perry has a special interest in complex hip and knee replacements and robotics. He takes pride in staying on the forefront of evidence based non-operative and operative techniques for treating his patients. He is an active member in the academic community and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
In his free time, Dr. Perry enjoys spending time with his family, the outdoors, traveling, skiing, golf, tennis and Kansas City sports.
Education and Training
- MD, Doctorate in Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center
- Clinical Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- California Medical License, Medical Board of California
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Brown, Zoe, Perry, Michael, Wozniak, Amy., W, Cappello, Teresa. 2021. Decreasing Radiation Exposure in Pediatric Clavicle and Metatarsal Fractures: A QI Initiative. Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics, 41 (3), 177-181
- Strotman, P, Perry, M, LeDuc, R, Joyce, C, Garbis, N. 2020. The Impact of Insurance Status on Clinical Outcomes After Shoulder Arthroplasty.. Orthopedics, 43 (6), e523-e528
- Schmitt, Daniel., R, Killen, Cameron, Murphy, Michael, Perry, Michael, Romano, Joseph, Brown, Nicholas. 2020. The Impact of Antibiotic-Loaded Bone Cement on Antibiotic Resistance in Periprosthetic Knee Infections. Clinics in Orthopedic Surgery, 12 (3), 318-323
- Golz, A., G, Davis, W., J, Perry, M., W, Tonino, P., M, Garbis, N., G, Salazar, D., H. 2020. Improving the safety of shoulder arthroscopy in the beach chair position: a prospective randomized trial investigating the effect of compression stockings on cerebral desaturation events in obese patients.. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow surgery, 29 (10), 2027-2035
- Liskutin, T, Bernstein, M, Lack, W, Perry, M, Summers, H. 2018. Surgical Technique: Achieving Reduction With Temporizing, Knee-Spanning External Fixation.. Journal of orthopaedic trauma, 32 Suppl 1, S32-S33