Mohamed Ramez R. Mourad, M.D.
Dr. Mourad is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Internal Medicine, at The University of Kansas Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Damascus University in Damascus, Syria. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island and Alpert Medical School - Brown University in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. He completed his fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care at The University of Kansas Medical Center in 2016. After fellowship, Dr. Mourad joined the Pulmonary Division as an Assistant Professor of Medicine providing critical care in the Intensive Care Unit at The University of Kansas Health System.
Dr. Mourad's clinical interests include Sepsis, ARDS, mechanical ventilation, and airway management.
Education and Training
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, University of Damascus
- MSC, Embryology and Genetics, University of Damascus
- Residency, Internal medicine , Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Brown University., providence , RI
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical care, The University of Kansas
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- MD, The Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2014 - Present
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2014 - Present
- American Medical Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- American College of Physicians, Member, 2010 - Present
Current Research and Grants
- ACTIV-4, NIH, Co-I