Mohamad Mohamad Alahmad, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, General & Hospital Medicine
Dr. Mohamad Alahmad practices patient-centered care and strives to treat his patients as family members.
After obtaining his degree from the Faculty of medicine at the University of Aleppo in Syria in the top-ten graduates, he had his Internal Medicine training at St Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, OH. He has the privilege to serve as the chief resident there before joining the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Education and Training
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, University of Aleppo, Aleppo, Syria
- Other, Biostatistics, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- Other, Internal Medicine, Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo, OH
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo, OH
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Board, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Kansas License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- American College of Physician. , FACP, Fellow, 2022 - Present
- American College of Physician. , KS-ACP planning committee, Organizing committee member, 2018 - 2019
- American College of Physician. , Judge, 2018 - 2020
- American Medical Association, Member, 2016 - Present
- American College of Physician. , Member, 2015 - Present
Dr. Alahmad is interested in big data analysis. This will allow him to be more independent in analyzing huge databases such as Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) as well as Medicare databases. On top of that, his interest in statistics can enable him to participate in making inferences about medical care at hospitals, states as well as national levels.
He also has a special interest in preventive medicine.
- Mohamad Alahmad, Mohamad Alhoda. 2023. Cardiac cachexia mortality and readmission. Am J Cardiol (186), 30-35. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002914922011109?via%3Dihub
- Skenderi, Faruk, Mohamad ALAHMAD, Mohamad Alhoda. 2022. Her2-positive apocrine carcinoma of the breast: a population-based analysis of incidence, treatment, and outcome. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10549-022-06578-4
- M Alahmad, Yaman, Al-Khafaji, Fatima, Mohamad Alahmad, Mohamad Alhoda, Al-Taie, Alaa. 2021. Comprehensive Assessment of Ultrasound's Role in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Reference to Electromyography. Cureus , 12 (2021 Dec 29;13(12):e20798). https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35141059/
- Mohamad Alahmad, Mohamad Alhoda, Kasmani, Raheel . 2019. Sweet hydrothorax. Avicenna Journal of Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6647920/
- Mohamad Alahmad, Mohamad , Perez, Antonio, Williams, Bradley, Joyce, Emer. 2017. Severe Gabapentin Toxicity After Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized Patient with Acute Pain. http://n.neurology.org/content/90/15_Supplement/P6.020
- Mohamad Alahmad, Mohamad, Alkhalil, Basel, Sayfo, S, Slaughter, M, Birks, E, Lenneman, A, McCants, K. 2014. The Diagnostic utility of capsule endoscopy in evaluating GI bleeding in LVAD patients. . The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation , 33 (4), S244. http://www.jhltonline.org/article/S1053-2498(14)00650-0/fulltext