How to Sponsor HERON Access
Qualified faculty can sponsor collaborators and research team members:
- Visit https://heron.kumc.edu using any web browser
- Note: If you are outside the KUMC network, you will need to use a KUMC VPN connection
- Login with your regular KUMC login/password, just as you would use to acceess my.kumc.edu
- Follow the "HERON Sponsorship Request" link
- Note: This link is only visible to faculty members
- Enter the ID(s) for your sponsoree(s) and add
- The form should autofill your information and the sponsoree(s) information, Make sure the following fields are complete.
- Sponsoring faculty member full name
- Sponsoring faculty member network ID
- Title of research area for candidate
- Research expiration date (if applicable)
- Select "Sponsorship"
- Read the "Sponsor HERON System Usage Users" agreement. You will acknowledge agreement to the terms listed upon submission of the form
- Provide description of candidate activities with regard to HERON usage
- Attach files (optional)
- Candidate KUMC network ID
- Candidate name, title, and department
- If the candidate is not a KUMC employee, please enter affiliation
- Note: Candidate must have a network ID to access HERON even if not employed by KUMC
- Submit the application. The system will notify the Data Request Oversight Committee (DROC) by email that an application is pending approval. In a few days, you should get notice of approval (or otherwise) by email.
If the request is approved, the candidate will receive an email as well; they can execute the system access agreement and log in to HERON as usual.
- Introduction to REDCap and HERON: Beginner Training Clinics Tuesdays 12pm-1pm CST. Click here to sign up. This is an introduction for new users or users needing a refresher
- For questions or help with projects: REDCap & HERON Office Hours, Monday & Wednesday 4pm-5pm CST, Friday 9am-10am CST. Click here to sign up. This is not a beginner course; 15-20 min appointment to assist with specific questions
- For support by email: Contact MI Support at email@example.com
- For project development by MI: Contact MI Support at firstname.lastname@example.org Funding is required
Last modified: Apr 22, 2021