Michael S. Crosser, M.D.
Dr. Michael Crosser is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center and Assistant Director of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center. As a member of the Adult Cystic (CF) Fibrosis team, he is active in clinical trials and is a part of the national Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutic Development Network for CF patients. This network of researchers develops and tests new CF therapeutics to facility FDA approval and patient use. He has been a part of many CF therapeutic trials including CF modulators, novel anti-inflammatory agents, novel antimicrobial agents, and inpatient treatment trials.
Dr. Crosser is originally from the Kansas City area. He attended undergraduate education at the University of Missouri, Columbia. He continues to be a big MU fan! Subsequently, he has moved to Kansas and has completed his medical school, residency and fellowship training at the University of Kansas. He Joined the medical staff at the University of Kansas Healthcare System in 2008.
As a CF clinician, Dr. Crosser specializes in treating patients with cystic fibrosis and Non-CF bronchiectasis. In addition, he treats pulmonary conditions including asthma, COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, and evaluates general pulmonary symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath and abnormal imaging findings. His clinic environment is casual and unrushed. He is thorough with evaluations and allows ample time for patient education and questions.
Education and Training
- BS, Biology, University of Missouri-Columbia
- MD, MD, University of Kansas-Kansas City
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas-Kansas City, Kansas City, Ks
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Kansas-Kansas City, Kansas City, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Doctor, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Pulmonary Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2005 - Present
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2005 - Present
Dr. Crosser is a part of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis team at the University of Kansas Medical Center. The CF program joined the national Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutic Development Network in 2012. This network of CF centers is able to fast-track CF drug and therapeutic development to expedite patient usage. He has been a part of many CF trials including the groundbreaking modulator trials of Orkambi, Symdeko, and Trikafta. He has been the Primary Investigator on the Stop-2 Clinical trial which has helped determine the optimal duration of IV antibiotics for patients undergoing treatment for exacerbations.
- Brownback, Kyle , Crosser, Michael, Simpson, Steven . 2012. A 49 year old man with chest pain and fever after returning from France. CHEST, 1618-1621. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22670025/
- Mahbub, Rashid, Crosser, Michael, Boyle, Diane. 2014. Developing nurse and physician questionnaires to assess primary work areas in intensive care units. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 317-335. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24896561
- Chacey, Michael, Crosser, Michael. 2012. Metabolic acidosis in acetaminophen overdose without concurrent liver toxicity. Kansas Journal of Medicine. https://journals.ku.edu/kjm/article/view/11401
- Mahbub, Rashid, Crosser, Michael , Bolye, Diane. 2014. Network of spaces and interaction-related behaviors in adult intensive care units. Behavioral Sciences, 487-510. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4287700/
- Pham, Daniel, Crosser, Michael , Maz, mehrdad, Krause, Meghan . 2020. Pattern of arthropathy in patients with cystic fibrosis
- Habahi-Daniel, Arlette, Crosser, Michael , Tawfik, Ossama. 2016. Talc induced pulmonary granulomatosis: an under recognized complication in patients with cystic fibrosis. Journal of Human Pathology, 21-24. https://nobleresearch.org/Doi/10.14312/2397-6845.2016-4