Leslie A. Spikes, M.D.
Dr. Leslie Spikes is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She completed a fellowship at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She earned her medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed her residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Education and Training
- MA, Univ. of Kansas
- MD, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary/Critical Care , University of Kansas School of Medicine
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Critical Care, ABIM
- American Board of Pulmonary Disease, ABIM
- Doctor of Medicine, Missouri Division of Professional Registration
- Leslie Ann Spikes, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Member, 2019 - Present
- American College of Chest Physicians, ACCP Palliative Care Network Steering Committee, Member, 2014 - 2017
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- American College of Chest Physicians, Member, 2007 - Present
- American Medical Society, Member, 2004 - 2007
- American Thoracic Society, Member, 2004 - Present
- Simpson, S., Q, Spikes, L, Patel, S, Faruqi, I. 2010. Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.. Infectious disease clinics of North America, 24 (1), 159-73
- Spikes, L, Dalvi, P, Tawfik, O, Gu, H, Voelkel, N., F, Cheney, P, O'Brien-Ladner, A, Dhillon, N., K. 2012. Enhanced pulmonary arteriopathy in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected macaques exposed to morphine.. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine, 185 (11), 1235-43
- Spikes, L, Williamson, T, Satterwhite, L. 2014. Macitentan for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.. Drugs of today (Barcelona, Spain : 1998), 50 (6), 401-6
- Aripoli, A, Meek, L, Lemons, S, Spikes, L. 2016. A 29-Year-Old Woman With Severe Sepsis and Hemoptysis.. Chest, 150 (2), e53-7
- Dalvi, P, Spikes, L, Allen, J, Gupta, V., G, Sharma, H, Gillcrist, M, de Montes Oca, J, O'Brien-Ladner, A, Dhillon, N., K. 2016. Effect of Cocaine on Pulmonary Vascular Remodeling and Hemodynamics in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Transgenic Rats.. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology, 55 (2), 201-12
- Krishnamachary, Balaji, Cook, Christine, Spikes, Leslie, Chalise, Prabhakar, Dhillon, Navneet. 2020. The Potential Role of Extracellular Vesicles in COVID-19 Associated Endothelial Injury