Larry A. Hoover, MD
Professor, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Visiting Professor, UCLA Medical Center
In 2000, the ACGME Residency Review Committee extended its congratulations and commented that "the program's educational organization and the quality of the curriculum are outstanding and should be used as an exemplar". He remains active in research in the genesis of nasal and sinus tumors, having made over 150 regional, national and international presentations, and authoring numerous publications. He has served as an examiner for the American Board of Otolaryngology and President and Vice-President of the Kansas City Ophthalmology andamp; Otolaryngology Society.
As I have been in academic medicine over 40 years I have made a lot of contacts in our otolaryngology world. Further, as a prior Department Chair I have some increased credibility. Over the past decade I have assisted dozens of medical students and residents
in establishing a plan for their future. Once they have these goals, and know what is necessary then teaching toward these goals becomes much less difficult.
Dr. Hoover is active in international outreach with a near 40 year relationship with the Tribhuvan Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu Nepal. In addition, he has taken medical equipment and supplies and performed surgery in Haiti following the devastating earthquake in 2010, China in 1982, and Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan as well.
Education and Training
- BS, Ohio St. Univ.
- MD, Ohio St. Univ.
- Internship, Internal Medicine, LA Co/USC, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency, Otolaryngoogy and General Surgery, University of Oregon, Portland, OR
- Clinical Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Liverpool, , Liverpool, England
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Board Certified, American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- California Medical License, California State Medical Board
- Kansas License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- American Society for Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow, 1991 - Present
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Member, 1976 - Present