Community Programs Overview
The Landon Center on Aging offers many programs to improve of the quality of life for older adults and the people who care for them.
- Brownbag Lunch series is offered Wednesdays at noon in Room 200 and is open to older adults and anyone who has an interest in older-adult issues.
- The Family Caregiver's Support Group offers support and information for family caregivers.
- Forever Young Choir is a senior rock ensemble, partnering with music therapy students from UMKC, that bridges the generation gap through music.
- Images of Aging Photo Contest is a yearly photo contest that brings in photos from amateur and professional photographers of all ages.
- Landon Fitness Center offers exercise programs for older adults.
- A variety of educational seminars to help adapt to physical changes, including Walk With Ease, Chronic Disease Self-Managment Workshops, and Matter of Balance.
- Special Events are programs such as writing classes, arts and crafts sessions, family movie nights and occasional trips and meet-ups.
If you would like to be informed about Landon Center on Aging events, e-mail Debi Barton at email@example.com and she will sign you up for our weekly email.
LIKE us on Facebook to get all your up-to-date information about the Landon Center on Aging. https://www.facebook.com/Landon.Center.on.Aging/