The KU Alzheimer's Disease Center is proud to offer our Lifestyle Empowerment for Alzheimer's Prevention (LEAP!) program. This innovative program translates the latest Alzheimer's disease prevention research into actionable recommendations for everyday life. To protect the health and safety of our staff and visitors, all LEAP! offerings are currently being held exclusively online.
- Brain Health Boot Camp - a free, nine-week online course covering the fundamentals of a brain-healthy lifestyle. Sign up here.
- Weekly group coaching calls - small group discussion and Q&A to get your brain-healthy-lifestyle questions answered via Zoom. These are included with Brain Health Boot Camp.
- Weekly brain health tips and resources, delivered directly to your inbox - join MyAlliance to stay connected.
- Additional courses and webinars, including our Mediterranean Diet 4-week course - join MyAlliance to stay up-to-date on new learning opportunities.
Meet the LEAP! Team: LEAP! is an evidence-based program, created with contributions from a variety of health and research professionals. This program is managed by Rachel Sandoval, MS, RDN, LD. Rachel has been with the ADC since 2015 and is passionate about making brain health attainable, fun, and empowering. Rachel collaborates with doctors, dietitians, exercise physiologists, social workers, psychologists, physical therapists, community educators, and scientists to keep LEAP! packed with the latest brain health information.
The LEAP! Brainpower Blueprint contains a wealth of practical information to help you prioritize brain health. This one-of-a-kind book provides evidence-based information on the following topics:
- Brain-healthy eating
- The four pillars of exercise for cognitive health
- Cognitive engagement
- Sleep health: how to promote quality sleep for a rested brain
- Stress management and emotional health
- Socialization and brain health