Kesa Herlihy, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC
Dr. Herlihy graduated from Penn Valley Community College with her Associate of Applied Science in Nursing in 2006. Soon after, she completed her RN-BSN at the University of Kansas School of Nursing in 2008. She then went on to complete her masters of science degree with an emphasis in Nursing Education at the University of Utah in 2010, her Ph.D. at the University of Kansas School of Nursing in 2017, and her Family Nurse Practitioner graduate certificate in 2023 at Chamberlain College of Nursing. Dr. Herlihy worked as a pediatric, and float-pool nurse before moving to full-time educator in 2010. Dr Herlihy's clinical practice is in personal injury.
Education and Training
- AAS, Nursing, Metropolitan Community College - Penn Valley
- BSN, Nursing, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- MS, Nursing Education, University of Utah
- PhD, Nursing Education, University of Kansas School of Nursing
- Other, Family Nurse Practitioner, Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Kansas City Regional Simulation Alliance, Member, 2019 - Present
- Sigma Theta Tau International , Graduate Student Counselor, 2019 - Present
- National League for Nursing, Member, 2010 - Present
Dr Herlihy's research has included faculty perceptions of student preparation in simulation, developing a new way of conducting a physical assessment, and she is currently leading an interprofessional faculty team in developing and implementing and Identity-Based Patient Bias educational curriculum.