Kirk A. Miller, D.O.
Kirk Miller, D.O. is an Associated Professor of Radiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center and is the current the Norman L. Martin Distinguished Teaching Professor in Radiology.
Dr. Miller completed his medical training at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences and proceeded to complete his residency training in diagnostic radiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Miller is a member of the body imaging division. He is the Director of Medical Student Education for the radiology department and serves as the Radiology Thread Director for the ACE Curriculum.
Education and Training
- BS, Molecular Biology, Grove City College, Grove City, PA
- DO, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Univ. of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Internship, Medical Center of Independence, Independence, MO
- Residency, Radiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Medical license, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Medical license, Missouri State Board of Healing Arts
- Academy of Medical Educators, Member, 2017 - Present
- American College of Radiology, Member, 2005 - Present
- Radiology Society of North America, Member, 2005 - Present
Dr. Miller's research interests include medical education, practice quality improvement, and body imaging. His main areas of focus in medical education include curriculum development, undergraduate medical student education, and point-of-care ultrasound.
- Rohr, Aaron , Hill, Jacquelin, Hunt, S, Meek, Lucas, Ash, Ryan, Fishback, Shelby, Miller, Kirk. 2017. Impact of case-based radiology education on first-year medical students’ knowledge, perceptions, and interests in the field of radiology. Australasian Medical Journal , 10, 153-158
- Aripoli, Allison, Miller, Kirk, Fishback, Shelby, Morgan, Rustain. 2017. Engaging Senior Residents in Medical Student Education: A Resident's Perspective. Journal of the American College of Radiology, 14, 678-680
- Rohr, Aaron, Wick, J, Walter, C, Irani, Neville, Best, Shaun, Miller, Kirk, Ash, Ryan. 2017. Reducing Radiation Exposure with Iterative Reconstruction: An Inter- and Intra-scanner Analysis. Journal of Radiological Protection