Kathrin R. Husmann, MD
Kathrin Husmann, M.D., is an associate professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Husmann attended medical school at the University of Kansas and completed an internship at the University of Missouri-Kansas City followed by residency in neurology at the University of Chicago. She is fellowship-trained in neuro-critical care. She returned to the University of Kansas Medical Center in 2009 to attend in the Neuro-ICU. She is a board-certified neurologist with subspecialty certification in vascular neurology by the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
Dr. Husmann's clinical interests include stroke, intracranial hemorrhage and traumatic brain injury.
Education and Training
- BA, Philosophy - Summa Cum Laude, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- MD, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- Other, Internal Medicine, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Other, Neurology, University of Chicago
- Other, Neurocritical Care, University of Chicago
- KUMC CAUTI Prevention Committee, KUMC CAUTI Prevention Committee, Other, 2016 - Present
- KUMC Critical Care Committee, KUMC Critical Care Committee, Member, 2015 - Present
- Neurology and ENT ICU Leadership Team, Neurology and ENT ICU Leadership Team, Medical Director, 2015 - Present
- Neurology and ENT ICU Multidisciplinary Practice Council - Lead, Neurology and ENT ICU Multidisciplinary Practice Council - Lead, Member, 2015 - Present
- KUMC Donor Advisory Council, KUMC Donor Advisory Council, Other, 2014 - Present
- Neurocritical Care Society, Member, 2004 - Present
- American Academy of Neurology, Member, 2000 - Present
- Husmann, Kathrin., R, Morgan, A., S, Girod, Doug., A, Durham, Dianne. 1998. Round window administration of gentamicin: a new method for the study of ototoxicity of cochlear hair cells.. Hearing research, 125 (1-2), 109-19
- Mittal M, Hammond N, Husmann K, Lele A, Pasnoor M. 2010. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease presenting as bulbar palsy. Muscle Nerve, 42 (5), 883-885
- Bittel B, Husmann K. 2011. A case of thunderclap headache with subarachnoid hemorrhage and negative angiography: a review of Call-Fleming syndrome and the use of transcranial dopplers in predicting morbidity. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Neurology, 4 (2), 5-8
- Lele A, Lyon T, Pollack A, Husmann K, Reeves A. 2011. Intra-arterial nicardipine for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm in postpartum cerebral angiography: a case study and review of the literature. International Journal of Neuroscience, 212 (10), 536-542
- Eid AJ, Leever JD, Husmann K. 2015. Compartmentalized histoplasma capsulatum infection of the central nervous system. Case Reports in Infectious Disease