Kamal Gupta, M.D.
Dr Kamal Gupta is a Professor and Vice-chair (Academics) in the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine. He helps guide the educational and research mission of the department. In his clinical practice, Dr Gupta is a full time vascular and interventional cardiologist with board certification in cardiology, interventional cardiology and vascular medicine. He specializes in treatment of the entire spectrum of patients with coronary artery disease including complex interventions. His practice specially focuses on comprehensive management of vascular diseases including peripheral arterial disease, carotid disease, abdominal aortic aneurysms, fibromuscular dysplasia and other rare vascular diseases. He also has a large consultative practice in venous thromboembolism. He is the director of the vascular medicine program and co-director of the complex hypertension program at the University of Kansas Hospital.
Education and Training
- Other, Medical Doctor, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India
- Clinical Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine, Texas Heart Institute/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, The University of Kansas Health System
- Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts, The University of Kansas Health System
Dr K Gupta has research interests in secondary prevention of atherosclerotic coronary and peripheral artery disease and in the area of medical and invasive management of carotid artery disease, peripheral artery disease, aortic aneurysms. He is currently studying the interaction between advanced kidney disease and cardiovascular disease.