Kirsten S. Engel, Ph.D., L.P.
Assistant Professor, Wichita - Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
Kirsten Engel, Ph.D., is an associate professor providing evidence-based psychotherapy to patients across the age range, although she has a particular interest in working with children and adolescents. She also provides educational training (lectures, seminars, and clinical supervision) for medical students, psychology interns/fellows, and psychiatry residents related to clinical skills and psychotherapy.
Dr. Engel received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of North Dakota after completing her pre-doctoral internship with the Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program (WCPIP). After receiving her doctorate, she completed a Child and Adolescent Psychology fellowship at the University of Kansas School of Medicine -Wichita.
Education and Training
- BA, Honors Psychology, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
- MA, Clinical Psychology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- Internship, Psychology, Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program (WCPIP)
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Clinical Child Psychology, University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist (LP), State of Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board