Kelly A. Bisel, DO
Kelly Bisel, D.O., is an assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She joined the faculty in 2018.
Dr. Bisel has a special interest in women’s mental health and reproductive psychiatry.
An active teacher, Dr. Bisel supervises psychiatry residents as part of her role on the Consultation Liaison Service at The University of Kansas Hospital, and also served as the resident faculty advisor for research and teaching activities. Dr. Bisel earned the Residents Choice Award in 2020, an honor voted on by residents and presented to faculty members in recognition of outstanding teaching contributions. She is co-chair of the department’s Faculty Professional Development Committee.
Dr. Bisel completed residencies in adult psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry at KU Medical Center, where she earned the Shawn M. Storm, M.D., Award, which is presented to a graduating resident for consistently demonstrating the highest professional qualities in all aspects of patient-centered care. She earned a doctor of osteopathic medicine from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, and also holds bachelor of arts degrees in biology and chemistry from MidAmerica Nazarene University, where she graduated magna sum laude.
Education and Training
- Other, Double major in Chemistry and Biology, MidAmerica Nazarene University, Olathe, KS
- DO, Doctor of Osteopathy, Kansas City Univ of Med&BioSci
- Residency, Ob/GYN, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH
- Clinical Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Kansas Medical Center, KC, KS
- Residency, Psychiatry, University of Kansas Medical Center, KC, KS
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Heritage Society, Heritage Society, Member, 2020 - Present
- Professional Development Committee, Professional Development Committee, Co-Chair, 2020 - Present
- Professional Development Committee, member, 2018 - 2020