Janet M. Woodroof, MD
Director, Division Director Anatomic Pathology
Clinical Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicinejwoodroof@kumc.edu
Medical degree from the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC). Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency from KUMC Dept of Pathology. Hematopathology training module
at University of Nebraska Pathology department during residency.
Education and Training
- MD, Pathology, Univ. of Kansas-Medical Ctr.
- BS, Bachelor of Science, Medical Technology, University of Missouri at K.C.
- Residency, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, University of Kansas Hospital
- Internship, Family Medicine, University of Kansas Medical School
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri Medical License, Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- College of American Pathologists, Team Leader, 2018 - 2018
- College of American Pathologists, Team Leader, 2016 - 2016
- College of American Pathologists, Member, 2014 - 2014
- College of American Pathologists, Team Leader, 2012 - 2012
- American Society for Clinical Pathology, Member, 2011 - Present
- College of American Pathologists, Team Leader, 2010 - 2010
- College of American Pathologists, Team Leader, 2009 - 2009
Interests include hematopathology and head and neck pathology translational research, as well as quality assurance in pathology with focus on appropriate specimen handling and pathologist quality programs, with long term involvement in assessing and improving quality of bone marrow specimens.
- Holcomb, Andrew., J, Perryman, Mollie, Goodwin, Sara, Penn, Joseph, Villwock, Mark., R, Bur, Andres., M, Shnayder, Yelizabeta, Tsue, Terance., T, Woodroof, Janet, Kakarala, Kiran. 2020. Pathology protocol increases lymph node yield in neck dissection for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma.. Head & Neck
- Richardson, A., I, Skikne, B., S, Woodroof, J. 2020. Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, BCR-ABL1-positive, in accelerated phase with marked eosinophilia with eosinophil atypia. British Journal of Haematology
- Snyder, V, Bayrak, S, Woodroof, J, Kakarala, K. 2013. A Parathyroid Hemangioma of the Retropharynx. JAMA Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Glennon, C., A, Woodroof, J., M, Kambhampati, S, Battershell, A., C, O'Connor, S., R, Roberts, K., B. 2018. Comparison of Bone Marrow Biopsy Specimens Obtained Using a Motorized Device and Manual Biopsy Systems. Asia-Pacific Journal of Oncology Nurses, 5 (4), 394-398