Jeffrey C. Randall, MD
Associate Professor, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Jeffrey C. Randall, MD is an Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He also serves as the Head Team Orthopedic Surgeon for the University of Kansas Athletics Department through Kansas Team Health. He received his undergraduate degree and medical degree from the University of Kansas after studying basic medical sciences at Harvard University. He completed his orthopedic residency at the University of Florida and sports medicine fellowship at the University of Oklahoma. He has been in practice in Lawrence, Kansas since 1996.
Dr. Randall's clinical practice is focused on orthopedic sports medicine. He treats athletes of all ages including scholastic athletes, collegiate athletes, professional athletes, and recreational athletes throughout life. He also services chairman for the annual Big 12 Conference Team Physicians Meeting.
Dr. Randall is board certified in orthopedic surgery and also holds a subspecialty certificate in orthopedic sports medicine through the American Board of orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Randall was born in North Carolina and grew up in Oklahoma. He met his wife Kelly while they were undergrads at the University of Kansas. They moved back to Lawrence Kansas in 1996 where they raised 3 boys, all of whom played college football. When he is not involved in sports medicine activities, you will find Dr. Randall out working on his land and raising cattle.
Education and Training
- MD, Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internship, General Surgery, University Of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine , Gainesville, Florida
- Clinical Fellowship, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopedic Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Diblomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- State of Kansas Medical License, State of Kansas
- State of Missouri Medical License, State of Missouri
- Kansas Team Health, Ad-Hoc Member, 2020 - Present
- University of Kansas Athletics Administration Sports Medicine Committee, Sports Medicine Administration, Ad-Hoc Member, 2016 - Present
- University of Kansas Health System, Director, 2016 - Present
- Arthroscopy Association of North America, Member, 2000 - Present
- The American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, Member, 2000 - Present
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow, 1998 - Present
- University of Florida Orthopedic Association, Member, 1995 - Present
- XU, S, Cheema, S, Tarakemeh, A, Randall, Jeffrey., C, Mullen, Scott, Schroeppel , J., Paul, Mulcahey, M, Vopat, Bryan. 2021. Return to Sport after Primary ACL Reconstruction: A Survey of the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine. The Physician and Sportsmedicine
- Vopat, Matthew, Coda, Reed, Guisti, Nick, Baker, Jordan, Tarakemeh, Armin, Schroeppel, John., Paul, Mullen, Scott, Randall, Jeffrey, Provencher, Matthew, Vopat, Bryan. 2021. Differences in Outcomes Between Anterior and Posterior Shoulder Instability After Arthroscopic Bankart Repair: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Orthopedic Journal of Sports Medicine (9 (5)), 1-9
- Randall, Jeffrey, Templeton, Kimberly, Hadley, Dr, Salazar, Luis, Mok, Anthony , Guisti, Nick. 2021. NCAA Physician Burnout
- Guisti, Nick, Carder, Seth, Vopat, Lisa, Wolf, Megan, Randall, Jeffrey. 2021. Burnout and Injury Comparing Sampling and Specialization in the Big 12. American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Guisti, Nick, carder, Seth, Goodrich, Ezra, Vopat, Lisa, Wolf, Megan, Randall, Jeffrey, Klass, Amanda, Dallman, Jonathan. 2021. Big 12 Energy Deficiency, Passion scale, Female Athlee Triad