Jihan Fathallah, M.D.
I graduated from the American University of Beirut medical school, did one preliminary year of internal medicine at the American University of Beirut Medical Center then matched into residency in the States. I completed 3 years of internal medicine residency at Kansas University Medical Center and was very fortunate to do a chief resident year at Naples Community Hospital in Florida. Currently am back to Kansas where I am a nocturnist.
Education and Training
- BS, Biology, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon
- MD, Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- Internship, Internal medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
- Residency, Internal medicine, Kansas University MEdical Center, Kansas, Kansas
- Other, Internal Medicine, Naples Community Hospital, naples, Florida
- Other, Biostatistics, Harvard University
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Jihan Fathallah, State of kansas
My research during residency was focused mainly on gastrointestinal topics related to inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal bleeding and Barrett's Esophagus. Had many published articles and presented abstracts regarding those topics.
- Madhav, Desai, FathAllah, Jihan. 2019. Antibiotics Versus No Antibiotics for Acute Uncomplicated Diverticulitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Dis Colon Rectum
- Paleti, Swathei, Nutalapati, Venkat , Fathallah, Jihan. 2019. Balloon-occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration (BRTO) versus Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic shunt (TIPS) for treatment of Gastric Varices due to portal hypertension: A systemic review and metanalysis. . Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology
- Desai, Madhav, Nutalapati, Venkat , FathAllah, Jihan. 2020. Proton pump inhibitors do not increase the risk of dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.. Diseases of the Esophagus