Jeremy D. Cook, M.D.
Dr. Jeremy Cook is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Prior to joining the department, he completed his residency in Anesthesiology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, and Doctor of Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Dr. Cook serves in the multi-specialty division within the department. He is a member of the Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine, Obstetric Anesthesia and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit teams. His practice interests also include anesthesia emergency response and management of the difficult airway. He recently helped coordinate the department’s efforts on airway management of patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Outside of the department Dr. Cook is active in the American Society of Anesthesiologists and Kansas Society of Anesthesiologists. He has served as Delegate for the state of Kansas to the ASA House of Delegates and is currently President-Elect of the Kansas Society of Anesthesiologists.
When not working Dr. Cook enjoys spending time with his wife and their two sons.
Education and Training
- BS, Biomedical Science, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- MD, Medicine, University of KansasMedicalCtr, Kansas City, Kansas
- Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Anesthesiology, The American Board of Anesthesiology
- Medical Doctor, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Committee on Communications, Member, 2020 - Present
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Delegate, 2019 - Present
- Kansas Society of Anesthesiologists, President Elect, 2019 - Present