Jacob W. Brubacher, M.D.
Jacob W Brubacher MD, is an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery specializing in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University and his MD from the Yale University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program and his Hand, Upper Extremity and Microvascular fellowship from Duke University Medical Center.
Dr. Brubacher’s clinical practice encompasses all aspects of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery and includes soft tissue and nerve injuries in both the upper and lower extremities. He is an Assistant Team Physician for the Kansas City Royals. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Duke Hand Club, Piedmont Orthopedic Society, and the Kansas Orthopedic Society. He has a Certified Additional Qualification in Hand Surgery.
Education and Training
- MD, M.D., Yale School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopedic Residency, Harvard Med/Mass General Hosp
- Clinical Fellowship, Hand Fellowship, Duke University Med Center
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery , Fellow, 2019 - Present
- Kansas Orthopedic Society , Member, 2017 - Present
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Member, 2015 - Present
Current Research and Grants
- Biomechanical Assessment of Dorsal Bridge Plates for Distal Radius Fractures, American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand, PI
- Reinhardt, Daniel, Parikh, Kisan, Brubacher, Jacob. 2021. Rate of Bone Mineral Density Testing and Subsequent Fracture-Free Interval After Distal Forearm Fracture in the Medicare Population. Journal of Hand Surgery
- Falcon, Spencer, Everist, Brian, Brubacher, Jacob., W. 2021. Anomalous Flexor Digitorum Profundus Muscle Bellies as a Cause of Snapping Wrist and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. JBJS Case Connector (11/4)
- Enos, Jake, Toby, E., Bruce, Brubacher, Jacob., W. 2021. Extensor Tendon Injuries In Baseball Injuries
- Reinhardt, Daniel , McIff, Terence, Brubacher, Jacob., Wade. 2020. Dorsal Bridge Plating versus Volar Locking Plate in an Axially Loaded Cadaver Model. Journal of Hand Surgery
- Reinardt, Daniel, Ansley, B, Mian, H, Brubacher, Jacob., Wade, Sweeney, Kyle. 2020. Your Role in Early Diagnosis & Treatment of Metastatic Bone Disease. Journal of Family Practice, 2020 September;69(7):E1-E7