Justin R. Bond, MD, FACS
Associate Director, Residency Program
Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Justin Bond, MD, FACS is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and Associate Director of the Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Residency Program.
Dr. Bond earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and then completed residency training in the KU Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. After completing residency, Dr. Bond served as Clinical Assistant Professor and Chief of the Otolaryngology Section at the Kansas City VA Medical Center in Kansas City, MO from 2014-2017. He then went on to pursue advanced fellowship training in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN.
Dr. Bond's clinical interests include the surgical management of benign and malignant conditions of the head and neck, including oral and throat cancers, thyroid, parathyroid, skin, and salivary gland tumors, transoral robotic surgery, and microvascular free flap reconstruction after major head and neck surgery.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Bond has a special interest in medical student and resident education and is currently working on a Masters in Health Professions Education. In 2013 he was recognized by his peers in the Department of Otolaryngolgy-Head and neck Surgery with the Resident Teaching Award and by the faculty with the Jacqueline Holdcraft Award for Clinical Excellence.
Education and Training
- BA, Human Biology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- MD, Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Other, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Other, Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Otolaryngology, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri Medical License, Missouri Board of Healing Arts