KEE Requirements and Application
Applying through the KEE system consists of completing an online application that incorporates Privacy and Confidentiality (HIPAA) Training, KU Medical Center Safety Training, and additional compliance paperwork.
The safety and privacy of patients and their families, university faculty and staff, and KEE participants is a top priority of The University of Kansas Medical Center and The University of Kansas Health System. The documentation that you are required to provide helps us ensure that every KEE participant understands our expectations. This is crucial to our efforts to protect every person involved in this unique educational experience.
How to Apply
Apply and complete the online survey which includes the KEE Privacy and Confidentiality Training and quiz. You must successfully complete the quiz before you can submit your application.
- Be prepared to provide:
- a privacy and confidentiality agreement
- a participation and release attestation
- an infection control attestation
- a section to record and upload health insurance information
- possible immunization and TB screening (only if the experience includes contact with patient populations, work in an animal lab (verified by sponsor)
- Those requesting clinical observational (shadowing) experiences must be able to provide proof of immunizations and TB test. Please be advised that per health system policy, as of August 7, 2023, the health system no longer requires the COVID vaccine as a condition of employment. This applies to students, volunteers, etc.
- Research Learners 18 years or older will need to request and pass a background check. The cost is approximately $38. If you have had a background check within the last 12 months and you can provide documentation, please submit it in lieu of requesting a new check.
- We will email those applying for research experiences instructions on how to request a background check.
- Background checks takes 24-48 hours to complete.
- Once your application is complete/approved, we will notify you via email and include instructions for obtaining an ID Badge.
Other Important Information
- Requests may take up to 30 days to process. Plan ahead and request a reasonable start and end date. Applicants who identify a sponsor will be processed first.
- The onus is on you to complete the application! If you do not receive an email notifying you that you have completed all the requirements, please contact KEE.
Questions and Resources
Resources for Sponsors
KU Medical Center faculty and staff who are sponsoring KEE visitors should view our section on the myKUMC intranet (login required).