Learn about the mission of the alumni board and meet the current members.
Mission of the KU Medical Alumni Board
To strengthen and promote the KU School of Medicine and support its students, graduates, residents, fellows, and potential students.
The board accomplishes this mission primarily by:
- Promoting collaboration and fellowship among the graduates and former students of the KU School of Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Promoting and maintaining a high degree of interest and involvement with the KU School of Medicine and the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Providing continued support for students and student education through grants that support professional development programs and activities.
- Providing continued support for faculty excellence that includes exceptional teaching and education in both clinical and non-clinical fields.
Become a Board Member
Interested in becoming a KU Medical Alumni Board Member? Fill out this form >>
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend meetings of the board annually, at own expense
- Adhere to the Bylaws of the Association
- Board members should maintain membership in the Association, as well as actively promote membership in the Association.
- Participate and represent the Association at various events and activities supported by the KUMC Alumni Association
- Identify and recruit volunteer leaders and financial support for the Association
Terms of Office
- Terms begin at the first board meeting of the year
- President: two-year term
- President-elect: two-year term
- Immediate Past President: two-year term
- Treasurer: annual appointment by president
- Membership and Elections Chair: two-year term
- Members-at-Large (includes metropolitan, statewide and national): three-year term
- Distinguished Medical Teaching Fund Trustees: Subset committee of the Board of Directors (regular board term limits are not applicable)
- Student Representatives (Kansas City, Salina and Wichita campuses): two-year term while as a student on campus
- Ex-Officio Members: Executive Vice Chancellor, University of Kansas Medical Center; Executive Dean, KU School of Medicine; Director, Alumni Relations