Learn about the mission of the alumni board and meet the current members.
Mission of the KU Health Professions Alumni Board
To serve as a resource for the Dean of the University of Kansas Medical Center’s School of Health Professions and to support and promote a positive image of the School of Health Professions and its advancement of professional and academic endeavors.
The board accomplishes this mission primarily by:
- Advocating and promoting networking, fellowship and lifelong learning amongst present and former students from the School of Health Professions.
- Assisting in guiding the activities of the Association, as managed by the University of Kansas Medical Center’s Director of Alumni Relations (“Director of Alumni Relations) or their designee.
- Assisting the Dean of the School of Health Professions by providing key contacts, information, knowledge, skills or expertise on matters relating to alumni relations and the field of health care.
The KU Health Professions Alumni Association serves the University of Kansas Medical Center graduates, health profession students, the KU School of Health Professions and potential students.
Become a Board Member
Interested in becoming a KU Health Professions Alumni Board Member? Fill out this form >>
Board Member Expectations
- Attend meetings of the board annually, at own expense
- Adhere to the Bylaws of the Association
- Board members should maintain membership in the Association, as well as actively promote membership in the Association.
- Participate and represent the Association at various events and activities supported by the KUMC Alumni Association
- Identify and recruit volunteer leaders and financial support for the Association
Terms of Office
- Terms begin at the first board meeting of the year
- President: two-year term
- President-elect: two-year term
- Immediate Past President: two-year term
- Treasurer: two-year term, appointed by president
- Membership and Elections Chair: two-year term
- Member-at-Large positions: three-year term