Teaching & Learning Technology (TLT) offers instructional design and course consult services for online, blended, and face-to-face courses. These services include design, development, revision, and technology integration to foster engaging, interactive, and effective learning.
The instructional designers provide guidance and recommendations based on industry best practices, Blackboard's Exemplary Rubric, and Quality Matters' Accessibility and Usability resources to help support faculty in the development of courses, learning modules, and instructional materials.
The following are a few elements of course design our instructional designers assist with:
- Design or redesign a course for teaching either online, blended, or face-to-face
- Consult with faculty on course design and structure
- Ensure your course meets your students needs through Universal Design and Accessibility
- Integrate appropriate technology-based formative/summative assessments
- Integrate collaborative learning activities and assignments
- Implement and train faculty on appropriate educational technologies
- Recommend teaching/learning strategies for different types of delivery to create significant and effective teaching and learning experiences
- Offer real-time support for class activities pre, during, and post.
- Integrate and support use of multimedia tools such as Panopto, Blackboard Collaborate, or YouTube instructional videos
- Assist with strategies to increase student interaction, social, and instructor presence
- Provide training and instruction on the use of learning management system tools
- Promote implementation of course templates within programs as deemed appropriate
Please don't hesitate to consult with any of our experienced staff listed below:
- Douglas Adams, SoM Educational Technology Liaison,
- Nellie Modaress, SoN Educational Technology Liaison,
- Sonny Painter, SHP Educational Technology Liaison,
Online Learning Specialists: