Program Prerequisites and How to Apply
The application portal for Fall 2022 matriculation is now open. The deadline for the application is December 1st, 2021. Once your completed application has been received it will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Applications will be considered until all positions are full. For select applicants who currently reside in the United States or Canada, we will be having our Recruitment Weekend on February 25th through February 27th, 2022. Select International applicants will be interviewed via telephone or Zoom. All decisions regarding interviews and acceptance to the program will be made as soon as possible, but no later than May.
Program prerequisites include:
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- One year of general chemistry
- One year of organic chemistry or one semester of organic chemistry and one semester of biochemistry
- One year of biological sciences
- One semester of calculus
- One semester of physics
Research experience (beyond labs associated with lecture courses) is strongly suggested. Applicants will be assessed based on a combination of GPA, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and research statement. In some cases, students may be considered for admission even if they have not fulfilled all prerequisites. The IGPBS program no longer requires GRE scores for applications.
To apply for admission:
- Click here to submit your application and pay the $60 non-refundable application fee. (You will be asked to provide contact e-mail addresses for three references. After you submit your application, your references will then receive an automated e-mail with instructions for submitting their letter of recommendation through our online system.)
- Scanned unofficial copies of transcripts can be uploaded with your application materials for the review process. However, if you are accepted, please request that one copy of your official transcripts from each college/university previously attended be sent to the KUMC Office of Post Doctoral Affairs and Graduate Studies at the following address below or via email to email@example.com using one of the transcript clearinghouses:
KUMC Office of Post Doctoral Affairs and Graduate Studies
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
- If you are an international student that is required to submit a TOEFL score (not a native-speaker of English and country of citizenship is not on the TOEFL exempt list), request an official copy of your TOEFL scores be sent to KUMC. Minimum TOEFL scores for admission are at least a 23 on the Reading and Listening portions of the TOEFL IBT and at least a 19 on the Writing section. We do accept IELTS scores in place of the TOEFL. Minimum scores for the IELTS are 6.5 overall with no part score below 6. Either the TOEFL or the IELTS must have been taken within two years of the first semester of enrollment.
For direct reporting of TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6895.