Welcome to the University of Kansas Medical Center! Achieving better care and treatment for the citizens of Kansas is an essential task, and each one of us at the Medical Center plays an invaluable role in realizing this vision.
We are thrilled that you joined our team at such a critical juncture in our journey, and we look forward to working with you.
Prior to Your First Day
Follow these simple steps to get ready for your first week.
Complete Your I-9 Form and Onboarding Tasks
You will receive two email messages to access Workday, KUMC’s HR and Finance program. The first message will include your username; the second email will include a randomly generated password and a direct link to Workday. Use the link and credentials in these messages to log in to Workday and complete your onboarding tasks. Here are instructions for completing the I-9 Form.
Bring Your Documentation to HR
After completing Section 1 of your I-9 in Workday please bring the acceptable forms of documentation to the HR Employee Service Center, located at 1044 DELP. To ensure your onboarding is completed in time for your employment please bring in your documents prior to your start date. Please make an appointment using the calendar below.
To register for an appointment, click on a red "Sign Up" button. If a "Sign Up" button is not displayed, that time has been reserved.
Review Benefits Information
- Your benefits coverage will be effective as of your hire date, if you make your benefits selections within 30 days of your hire date. If you do not make your benefits selections within 30 days of your hire date, your coverage will be waived for the remainder of the plan year
HR Location and Contact Information
The KU Medical Center Employee Service Center is located at:
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
To consult with a Human Resources representative, call
All new employees should park in P5 Parking Garage. It takes approximately 1 week to complete setting up your parking account. In the meantime, stop by the Parking Office, to pick up 5 days’ worth of validation stickers to park for free. The Parking Office is located in the P5 Garage Second Level, 3724 Cambridge, Kansas City, KS 66160.
Once you receive your KUMC account information after your first day, vehicle registration will be required. Shuttle service is also provided.
Please contact your supervisor for any other instructions concerning your first day.
Don't forget to Enroll for Benefits
- Your Benefits enrollment portal will be opened within a week of your date of hire.
- If you do not make your benefits selections within 30 days of your hire date, your coverage will be waived for the remainder of the plan year
- Before enrollment, you will receive an email from the State Employee Health Plan once your enrollment portal is active.
- If you do not receive an email notifying you of your enrollment portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Administration Portal is found here: https://sso.cobraguard.net/seer_login.php
- Additional information can be found in the 2024 Enrollment Booklet, and the 2024 Health Benefits Enrollment Presentation
New Employee Orientation
Your supervisor will schedule you for New Employee Orientation during the first few weeks of employment. Learn about health insurance and retirement options from the Benefits staff, meet other new employees, and get answers regarding pay cycles, parking, and other job-related questions. You may preview benefits and options online prior to orientation.
After you have your KUMC network credentials, orientation reference materials may be reviewed.
NOTE: Student, Temporary and Part-Time employees working less than 50% may, but are not required, to attend the new employee orientation. We recommend that you review the orientation reference materials after you have your KUMC network credentials.
Compliance Matters: Your first 30 days at KUMC
New Employee Online Training
You will receive an email with a link to mandatory new employee training online in the KUMC learning management system. The training must be completed within your first 30 days.