Heather J. Male, M.D., M.B.A.
Dr. Heather J. Male is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Male received her medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and went on to complete both internal medicine residency and hematology/oncology fellowship through the University of Kansas Medical Center. Her research interests include acute leukemias and hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.
Education and Training
- BS, Biology & Chemistry, Saint Mary College, Leavenworth, Kansas
- MD, Doctor of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Fairway, KS
- MBA, Healthcare Administration, University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth, KS
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology & Oncology, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Medical License, Kansas
- American Society of Hematology, ASH Committee on Government affairs, Member, 2019 - Present
- American Society of Hematology, Member, 2013 - Present
- American Board of Internal Medicine , Member, 2011 - 2021
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, Member, 2011 - Present
I am an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Cellular Therapeutics (HMCT) and am principal investigator for multiple acute leukemia clinical trials.
- Parrott, J, Shilling, A, Male, H., J, Holland, M, Clark-Ganheart, C., A. 2019. Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis in Pregnancy: A Case Series and Review of the Current Literature.. Case reports in obstetrics and gynecology, 2019, 9695367
- Uvodich, M., E, Poplin, V, Male, H., J. 2018. Is it a Drug or a Bug? A Case of Chemotherapy and Immune Modulators Complicating the Diagnosis of Ehrlichiosis.. Kansas journal of medicine, 11 (3), 76-77
- Mohyuddin, G., R, Male, H., J. 2016. A Rare Cause of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis: Fusobacterium Infection-A Case Report and Review of the Literature.. Case reports in hematology, 2016, 4839146
- Male, H., J, Davis, M., B, McGuirk, J., P, Abhyankar, S, Aljitawi, O., S, Zhang, D, Ganguly, S. 2010. Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm should be treated with acute leukemia type induction chemotherapy and allogeneic stem cell transplantation in first remission.. International journal of hematology, 92 (2), 398-400
- Jabr, R, El Atrouni, W, Male, H., J, Hammoud, K., A. 2019. Histoplasmosis-Associated Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis: A Review of the Literature.. The Canadian journal of infectious diseases & medical microbiology = Journal canadien des maladies infectieuses et de la microbiologie medicale, 2019, 7107326