Haitham Abdelhakim, M.D.
MD- Benha University 2011
Research Training, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 2012-2013
Internal Medicine Residency, University of Kansas Medical Center 2013-2016
Hematology/Oncology Fellowship, University of Kansas Medical Center 2016-2019
Bone marrow transplant and cellular therapy Fellowship, University of Kansas Medical Center 2019
Education and Training
- MBChB, Hematology/Oncology, Benha Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Research, Mayo Clinic
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Kansas, Westwood, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, University of Kansas, Westwood, Kansas
- Clinical Fellowship, Bone Marrow Transplant, University of Kansas, Westwood, Kansas
I study the interaction of acute myeloid leukemia cells with bone marrow microenvironment and T cells, focusing on translational cell therapeutics. My work extends to developing clinical-grade cell therapeutics to mitigate graft versus host disease. I established a biospecimen bank for patients with lymphoma who received CAR-T cell therapy.