Genie M. Pierson, M.D.
Dr. Genie Pierson is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She received her medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed her residency at Saint Louis University. She is certified through the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Pierson enjoys all aspects of OB/GYN but has special interests in management of abnormal uterine bleeding, management of abnormal pap smears, contraception, and obstetrics. She aims to provide compassionate, evidence-based care. She performs minimally invasive surgery including vaginal approaches to hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery, and hysteroscopy.
Prior to joining the University of Kansas Health System in 2020, Dr. Pierson practiced for 4 years at a Federally Qualified Health Center in Saint Louis where she performed the full scope of obstetrics and gynecology care. She enjoys working with residents and medical students and sharing her passion for the field with them.
Education and Training
- BA, Human Biology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- MD, Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Board Certification, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical License, Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Medical License, Missouri Division of Professional Registration