Fen Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Fen Wang is an Associate Professor of department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Wang received a degree of Bachelor of Medicine at Beijing Medical University in China and a Doctorate of Medicine degree at the Medical School of Essen University in Germany. Dr. Wang completed radiation oncology residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Wang is a board-certified radiation oncologist and member of numerous professional organizations including the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, Society of Neuro-oncology, SWOG, COG, and POG.
Additionally, Dr. Wang serves on multiple committees including the KMCRI Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee, Disease Working Groups of Lung Cancer, and CNS Tumor. He was the residency program director and the Committee Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology Educational Committee from 2006-2017. His clinical focus areas are lung cancer, brain tumor, stereotactic radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiotherapy, and image-guided radiotherapy.
Education and Training
- MD, Medicine, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China
- PhD, Medicine, Medical School of Essen University, Essen, Germany
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Internship, Department of Surgery, Medical Center of University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Residency, Department of Surgery, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China
- Clinical Fellowship, Department of Surgery, Medical School of Essen University, Essen, Germany
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Therapeutic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificate, US Department of Justice DEA
- ECFMG Certification, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Kansas License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Missouri License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts
- American College of Radiology, Member, 1998 - 2004
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Member, 1998 - 2018
- American Association for Cancer Research, Member, 1992 - 1997
Current Research and Grants
- Chemoradiation With or Without Atezolizumab in Treating Patients With Limited Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer, NRG Oncology and National Cancer Institute (NCI), Co-I
- Novel NanoChip to detect exosomal biomarkers in liquid biopsy of non-small cell lung cancer patients with metastasis, Kansas IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence, PI
- Sood, S., S, Pokhrel, D, Badkul, R, TenNapel, M, McClinton, C, Kimler, B, Wang, F. 2020. Correlation of clinical outcome, radiobiological modeling of tumor control, normal tissue complication probability in lung cancer patients treated with SBRT using Monte Carlo calculation algorithm.. Journal of applied clinical medical physics
- Mallory, M, Pokhrel, D, Badkul, R, Jiang, H, Lominska, C, Wang, F. 2018. Volumetric modulated arc therapy treatment planning of thoracic vertebral metastases using stereotactic body radiotherapy.. Journal of applied clinical medical physics, 19 (2), 54-61
- Pokhrel, D, Sood, S, Badkul, R, Jiang, H, McClinton, C, Lominska, C, Kumar, P, Wang, F. 2016. Assessment of Monte Carlo algorithm for compliance with RTOG 0915 dosimetric criteria in peripheral lung cancer patients treated with stereotactic body radiotherapy. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 17 (3), 277-293. http://dx.doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.v17i3.6077