Third Party Sponsorships
The University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) will bill a third party agency (sponsor) for a portion or all of a student's eligible tuition and fees as requested by the sponsor. KUMC accepts sponsorships from government entities, private corporations, educational facilities, foreign interests, and military branches. By requesting to sponsor a student, you understand what KUMC will provide you and what you must provide to KUMC to authorize a sponsorship. This must be renewed each term.
The sponsor will provide the following to KUMC:
- Student's full name and KUID number.
- Term for which the authorization is valid (i.e. Fall 2017).
- Provide the exact dollar amount or percentage of tuition and fees to be paid. Exceptions and special circumstances (i.e. tuition only, tuition and fees, fees only) must be clearly disclosed.
- Provide the sponsor/organization name.
- Sponsor's contact name, phone number, fax number, and billing and email addresses.
* The sponsor will pay KUMC upon receipt of bill. Please note that future sponsorships will NOT be set up until past due sponsorships are paid-in-full. Please also note that sponsorships can be applied to a student's account until the 20th day of classes (approximately one month after the term begins). Thereafter, the sponsor will need to reimburse the student or send a scholarship to KU Medical Center to apply to the student's account.
KUMC will provide the following to the sponsor:
- Transfer eligible charges from the student's KUMC account as indicated by the sponsor and place a summary of these charges on the sponsor account. Any amount not covered by the sponsor will be the responsibility of the student.
- Bill the sponsor on the 21st of each month. If the 21st falls on a holiday or on a weekend, bills will issued the following business day.
Sponsorship authorizations can be mailed, faxed or emailed into our office at any of the following:
|University of Kansas Medical Center|
|Office of Student Financial Accounting|
|3901 Rainbow Boulevard Mail Stop 4008|
|Kansas City, KS 66160|
|Phone: (913) 588-2590|
|Fax: (913) 588-1040|
|Email: email@example.com or StudentAccounting@kumc.edu|