Design and Construction Documents
- Project is either designed by in house architectural engineering staff or outside A/E firm.
- Progress design meetings with client until final design is established.
- Construction documents are prepared and reviewed by client.
- Bids are obtained from in house construction or on call contractors.
- Revised probable cost estimate and project schedule is provided to client.
- Project is submitted to state of Kansas Office of Facility Property Management (OFPM), Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM), and local regulatory authorities.
Project Approval Process
Kansas State Legislative Approval is required for projects over $1M (may take up to a year)
Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) Approval is required for the following project types:
- Funded/co-funded by the hospital
- Funded/co-funded by KU Endowment Association or KU Research Institute (Building Committee Review is also required)
- Construction cost is less than $500K (requires KBOR Director Approval - typically via email)
- Construction cost is between $500K and $1M (reviewed for approval at KBOR monthly meeting)
- Construction cost is greater than $1M
KU Capital Project Committee (CPC) approval is required for:
- Any projects where the total cost exceeds $1M
- Projects that require a change in land use
- Projects that require property purchases
KU Capital Finance Committee (Debt Policy Committee) approval:
- Bonded Projects
- Total Project Cost is over $1M
- Capital Leases
Nov 07, 2018