Elizabeth M. Muenks, PhD, Licensed Psychologist
Dr. Muenks has been working in cancer psychology since 2013. She joined the KU Cancer Center Onco-Psychology Program in 2016 and has specialized in working with the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program.
She is the clinical director of psychology services for the HMCT Division (Hematological Malignancies and Cellular Therapy), where she is actively involved in meeting the psychosocial needs of patients, families and caregivers.
Education and Training
- BS, Clinical Psychology, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Washburn University, Topeka , Kansas
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Psycho-Oncology, Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Psychologist, Kansas State Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
- American Psychological Association , Division 38, Health Psychology, Member, 2009 - Present
- American Psychological Association , Division 45, Diversity and Ethnic Minority, Member, 2009 - Present
Dr. Muenks' research, teaching and supervision experience is grounded not only in cancer psychology but diversity/cultural competence as well. Dr. Muenks is the chair of the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Diversity Committee and is engaged in training, teaching, supervision and research as it pertains to health disparities and diversity related issues. She also serves on the KUMC Diversity and Inclusion Committee.