Emergency Procedures Guide
NOTE: The University of Kansas Medical Center launched an intranet on June 20, 2016, to provide easier access to information and tools used by our faculty and staff. Valid KU Medical Center network credentials are required to access the intranet.
Many of the forms and procedures for Emergency Management have been relocated to the intranet. If you are affiliated with another institution and are interested in collaborating or learning more about our procedures, please contact University Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New App! KUMC Emergency Management is proud to announce our new app - MyEOP. This app puts all of our campus emergency procedures and Emergency Operations Plan right at your fingertips. To access this amazing new app, simply download the MyEOP app from the app store and search for "KUMC University Main Campus".
The MyEOP emergency procedure guides represent a summary of some types of emergencies that an employee might face here at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list, but as a reference to assist you in responding quickly to emergencies. Please remember three important things:
- DO NOT take unnecessary risks
- There is no substitute for remaining calm
- Always use common sense and situational awareness
Other tips for your safety:
- The Medical Center (Main Campus) does have its own accredited Police Force - to ensure the quickest response from them, always dial 913-588-5030 from any phone or 911 from campus landline phones. Add 913-588-5030 to your list of contacts in your cell phone. Or download the Rave Guardian app and contact the Main Campus KUMC Police that way!
- OPT-IN for Rave text messaging system, this will ensure you receive text alerts when emergencies arise on campus. See something, say something - anything out of the ordinary on campus can be immediately reported to the Campus Police Department:
- By calling 913-588-5030 (or 911 from campus landlines)