Eugene K. Lee, MD, FACS
Eugene Lee is an Associate Professor of Urology at the University of Kansas Health System. He serves as the Director of Urologic Oncology and the Program Director for the Fellowship. Additionally, he leads the Clinical Research program. After completion of his residency training at the University of Kansas, he completed a urologic oncology fellowship at the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Lee is a surgeon-scientist who focuses on urologic cancers. His main areas of expertise include bladder cancer, kidney cancer, penile cancer, and testicular cancer. He performs both open and minimally invasive surgery including robotic surgery.
Education and Training
- BA, Liberal Arts, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- MD, Medicine, Univ of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Residency, Urology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Clinical Fellowship, Urologic Oncology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- American Board of Urology
- KS State Medical license, Kansas State Board of Healing ARts
- State of Missiouri, Division of Professional Registration Physician and Surgeon
- American Urological Association South Central Section, Member, 2013 - Present
As a scientist, his main area of interest is in improving outcomes in patients undergoing radical cystectomy for bladder cancer. Specifically, he has an interest in mobile health technology, patient education, and nutrition. In the laboratory, Dr. Lee studies the relationship of Diabetes mellitus and carbohydrate intake on bladder cancer recurrence and progression.