Engaging minds through the discovery and sharing of knowledge by connecting people with information anywhere, anytime.
We are a strategic institutional asset that develops and delivers new methods of creating and supporting knowledge resources. We enrich teaching and learning and fuel research at KUMC and worldwide.
- Innovation: We are pioneers.
- Passion: We love information, knowledge and wisdom.
- Integrity: We espouse ethical behavior.
- Diversity: We are excited by our community.
- Teamwork: We are interprofessional partners.
- Expertise: We are experts in knowledge management.
- Friendship: We are kind, approachable, trustworthy friends.
- Excellence: We provide our best service to every customer every time.
Comments and questions about this document or the activities listed should be directed to Erich Kessler, Director of A. R. Dykes Library. We welcome your suggestions and recommendations.
Who is Dykes Library named after?
Dykes Library is named after Dr. Archie R. Dykes who served as Chancellor of the University of Kansas from 1973 - 1980. He was named a regent for the State Universities of Kansas in 1982 and was the only former administrator to receive this honor from the governor. He held that position until 1986. Dr. Dykes was recognized for his service with the highest award given by the University of Kansas, called the 'Distinguished Service Citation.' The alumni of the University of Kansas also recognized his achievements by awarding him their highest honor, the 'Fred Ellsworth Medallion.' He continues to serve as a trustee for the Kansas University Endowment.