Dong Pei, Ph.D.
Dr. Dong Pei is a Research Instructor in the Department of Biostatistics andamp; Data Science.
Dr. Pei joined the University of Kansas Medical Center in April 2017 as a Bioinformatics Specialist, following the completion his doctoral training in Biology (emphasis in Bioinformatics) at New Mexico State University.
Education and Training
- PhD, Biology, New Mexico State University
- BS, Aquaculture, China Agricultural University
My research interests involve the development and application of bioinformatics tools/pipelines to analyze high-throughput 'omic data, including: DNAseq, RNAseq, scRNAseq, Infinium Methylation microarray, etc. Most of my previous and ongoing research efforts have focused on studying the genetic alterations in model organisms and the application of novel bioinformatics/statistical methodologies to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying disease development and progression. In addition to my research activities, I also provide leadership in high-performance computing to the Department of Biostatistics andamp; Data Science as co-Manager of the Biostatistics group that is a member of the KU Community Cluster operated by the Center for Research Computing at KU-Lawrence.
- Michaud, Dominique., S, Ruan, Mengyuan, Koestler, Devin., C, Pei, Dong, Marsit, Carmen., J, De Vivo, Immaculata, Kelsey, Karl., T. 2020. Epigenome-wide association study using prediagnostic bloods identifies new genomic regions associated with pancreatic cancer risk. JNCI Cancer Spectrum
- Michaud, Dominique., S, Ruan, Mengyuan, Koestler, Devin., C, Alonso, Lola, Molina-Montes, Esther, Pei, Dong, Marsit, Carmen., J, De Vivo, Immaculata, Malats, Nuria, Kelsey, Karl., T. 2020. DNA methylation derived immune cell profiles, CpG markers of inflammation, and pancreatic cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Biomarkers
- Seng, Amara, Krausz, Kelsey., L, Pei, Dong, Koestler, Devin., C, Fischer, Ryan., T, Yankee, Thomas., M, Markiewicz, Mary., A. 2020. Coexpression of FOXP3 and a Helios isoform enhances the effectiveness of human engineered regulatory T cells. Blood advances, 4 (7), 1325--1339
- Xu, Jiannong, Pei, Dong, Nicholson, Ainsley, Lan, Yuhao, Xia, Qing. 2019. In Silico Identification of Three Types of Integrative and Conjugative Elements in Elizabethkingia anophelis Strains Isolated from around the World. mSphere, 4 (2), e00040--19
- Zaimi, Ina, Pei, Dong, Koestler, Devin., C, Marsit, Carmen., J, De Vivo, Immaculata, Tworoger, Shelley., S, Shields, Alexandra., E, Kelsey, Karl., T, Michaud, Dominique., S. 2018. Variation in DNA methylation of human blood over a 1-year period using the Illumina MethylationEPIC array. Epigenetics, 1--16
- Mudaranthakam, Dinesh., Pal, Thompson, Jeffrey, Hu, Jinxiang, Pei, Dong, Chintala, Shanthan., Reddy, Park, Michele, Fridley, Brooke., L, Gajewski, Byron, Koestler, Devin., C, Mayo, Matthew., S. 2018. A Curated Cancer Clinical Outcomes Database (C3OD) for accelerating patient recruitment in cancer clinical trials. JAMIA Open
- Cooper, Michael., A, McCoin, Colin, Pei, Dong, Thyfault, John., P, Koestler, Devin, Wright, Douglas., E. 2018. Reduced mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production in peripheral nerves of mice fed a ketogenic diet. Experimental physiology
- Hyter, Stephen, Hirst, Jeff, Pathak, Harsh, Pessetto, Ziyan., Y, Koestler, Devin., C, Raghavan, Rama, Pei, Dong, Godwin, Andrew., K. 2018. Developing a genetic signature to predict drug response in ovarian cancer. Oncotarget, 9 (19), 14828
- Pei, Dong, Nicholson, Ainsley., C, Jiang, Jinjin, Chen, Huiying, Whitney, Anne., M, Villarma, Aaron, Bell, Melissa, Humrighouse, Ben, Rowe, Lori., A, Sheth, Mili, others. 2017. Complete Circularized Genome Sequences of Four Strains of Elizabethkingia anophelis, Including Two Novel Strains Isolated from Wild-Caught Anopheles sinensis. Genome announcements, 5 (47), e01359--17