Duaa Jabari, MD
Duaa Jabari, M.D., is an assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Jabari earned his medical degree from the University of Tishreen in the Syrian Arab Republic in 2004. He completed his residency in neurology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. In 2015, he finished a fellowship in neuromuscular medicine at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Dr. Jabari joined the faculty of the University of Kansas Medical Center in 2017. His specialties include neurology and neuromuscular medicine, and his clinical practice focuses on muscle disease, neuromuscular junction disorders and neuropathy.
He is board certified in neurology and neuromuscular medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Jabari is a member of the Syrian Medical Association, the American Academy of Neurology and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Education and Training
- Medicine, University of Tishreen, Syria
- MD, Tishreen University
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Al-Assad University Hospital, Latakia, Syria
- Residency, Pathology-Anatomical and Clinical, Al-Assad University Hospital, Latakia, Syria
- Other, St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital/Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX, Houston, TX
- Other, St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Houston TX, Houston, TX
- Residency, Neurology, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston
- Clinical Fellowship, Neuromuscular Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM), Member, 2016 - Present
- American Academy of Neurology, Member, 2014 - Present
- Syrian Medical Association, Member, 2000 - 2008
- Shaibani A, Jabari D. 2009. Treatment of autonomic neuropathy. Medlink Neurology
- Shaibani A, Jabari D. 2009. Asymptomatic hyperCKemia. Medlink Neurology
- Shaibani A, Jabari D, Jabbour M, Arif C, Lee M, Rahbar M. 2015. Diagnostic outcome of muscle biopsy. Muscle Nerve, 51 (5), 662-668
- Jabari D, Dimachkie MM. 2017. Distal myopathies. Medlink Neurology
- Abuzinadah AR, Jabari D, Jawdat O, Pasnoor M, Glenn M, Herbelin L, McVey AL, Barohn RJ, Dimachkie MM. 2018. Satisfactory response with achieving maintenance low-dose prednisone in generalized myasthenia gravis. J Clin Neuromusc Dis, 20 (2), 49-59
- Jabari D, Vedanarayanan V, Barohn RJ, Dimachkie MM. 2018. Update on inclusion body myositis. Curr Rheum Reports, 20 (8), 52
- Glenn M, Jabari D. 2020. Diabetic lumbrosacral radiculoplexus neuropathy (diabetic amyotrophy). Neurologic Clinics (38), 553-564