Daniel E. Bruegger, MD
Dr. Bruegger is a University of Kansas product through-and-through, having completed his undergraduate, medical school, and residency training here. An Otolaryngology Department faculty member since 1991, he served as Interim Chairman from 2013-2016 and is currently Vice Chairman. As chief of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Dr. Bruegger is recognized as a regional expert in the field. His research interests include respiratory papillomatosis management and angiofibroma growth factors. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and cheering on the Jayhawks. Rock Chalk!
Education and Training
- BA, Univ. of Kansas
- Internship, General Surgery, St. Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Otolatryngology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Other, Developed skills in open airway reconstruction in children, University of Iowa
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Resident Education & Curriculum Committee, Member, 2016 - Present
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, KUPI Contracts Committee, Member, 2015 - Present
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Executive Committee of Medical Staff, Member, 2013 - Present
- Society for Ear, Nose, & Throat Advances in Children-, Society for Ear, Nose, & Throat Advances in Children-, Member, 2012 - Present
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis Committee, Member, 2008 - Present
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology Promotion & Tenure Committee, Member, 1997 - 2013
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Operating Room Products Committee, Member, 1995 - 2003
- Le , T, New, J, Jones, J., W, Usman, S, Yalamanchali, S, Tawfik, O, Hoover, L, Bruegger, D., E, Thomas, S., M. 2017. Inhibition of fibroblast growth factor receptor with AZD4547 mitigates juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma.. International forum of allergy & rhinology, 7 (10), 973-979
- Jones, J, Usman, S, New, J, Holcomb, A, Gunewardana, S, Tawfik, O, Hoover, L, Bruegger, Daniel, Thomas, S. 2018. Differential Gene Expression and pathway Analysis in Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma Using RNA-Sequencing.