Carrie L. Wieneke Broghammer, MD
Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Department Chair, Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecologycwieneke@kumc.edu
Dr. Wieneke practices the breadth of Obstetrics and Gynecology and strives to provide patient centered, quality driven, excellent care. She is an advocate for health care and women. Dr. Wieneke was raised in Iowa and attended the University of Notre Dame and The University of Iowa School of Medicine. She completed her residency at Oakwood Hospital and a pelvic surgery fellowship at Virginia Mason and Northwest Hospital in Seattle, Washington. She arrived at KU in 2008 where she initiated the Minimally Invasive Gynecology Program. She then served as Residency Program Director for seven years and has served as Chair since 2018.
Education and Training
- BS, Science Pre-Professional Studies, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- MD, Medicine , University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Residency, Residency, Oakwood Hospital, Dearborn, MI, Dearborn, MI
- Clinical Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Virginia Mason Medical Center & Northwest Hospital, Seattle, WA, Seattle, WA
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Kansas Medical License, Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
Dr. Wieneke's research interests lie in medical education, gender issues and clinical quality initiatives. She is active in mentoring residents and students in their quest to learn the research process. Dr Wieneke enjoys cultivating interdisciplinary projects.