Health Care Employers
Kansas Locum Tenens (KLT) and Kansas Locum Tenens Plus (KLT+) connect providers with Kansas rural and underserved health employers that need temporary primary and specialty care medical coverage. KLT/KLT+ can help your rural health care organization by:
- Providing coverage for a physician who needs time off for a personal or professional reason, or filling in when you are short-staffed
- Offering physicians a work-life balance by lessening call time
- Supporting the goal to strengthen and expand the rural components of the residency and fellowship programs and the perspectives of the academic faculty
- Serving as a great recruitment and retention tool as many residents and fellows use KLT as a key component in their practice search
Rural and underserved health care employers, including hospitals, rural ERs, primary care clinics, private practices, and urgent care facilities are eligible to participate in KLT and KLT+.
For an initial request, use the Request Coverage button above. After the initial form is completed and a contract is signed, organizations may email requests as they arise to email@example.com. Four weeks advance notice is preferred.
- Organizations set their own competitive rates based on fair market value and are 100% paid to the provider
- Providers must be paid within 2 weeks. Late payments incur a $25 per day late fee paid to the provider
- The organization requesting coverage provides off-site accommodations
- Rural Health Education and Services (RHES) does not charge an administrative fee to organizations for service
- For KLT coverage: An invoice for $500 per coverage will be sent separately at the end of the month. This $500 per coverage KLT fund fee is paid to RHES and goes toward sustaining the medical professional liability insurance sponsorship which is available to assist resident physicians and fellows.