Substance Use Disorders 2021
While helpful to everyone, this series is specifically designed for clinicians who work in the primary care setting.
About the Series
This TeleECHO series is designed to improve health care provider capacity to implement evidence-based practices related to substance use disorder (SUD) prevention, screening, early intervention, referral to treatment and risk reduction.
Session 1: April 1, 2021
Opioid Use Disorder: The Natural History of a Wicked Problem, presented by Danial Warren, M.D., University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Session 2: April 8, 2021
SBIRT: Starting the Conversation about Substance Use, presented by Christina Boyd, LSCSW, LCAC, KU School of Social Welfare, Hope and Wellness Resources
Session 3: April 15, 2021
Implementing SUD Treatment in Primary Care: A Rural Health Example, presented by Lacey Spohn, APRN, Bacani / McKinney Clinic
Session 4: April 22, 2021
The Kansas Perspective on the Opioid Crisis, presented by Jennifer Donnelly, MPH, Kansas Board of Pharmacy, and Krista Machado, MS, DCCCA
Session 5: April 29, 2021
Strategies for Harm Reduction and Maximizing Pharmacy Partners, presented by Karen Moeller, PharmD, KU Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy
Continuing Education Credit
- The University of Kansas Medical Center Office of Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center Office of Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Social Workers: The University of Kansas Medical Center Area Health Education Center East, as an approved provider of continuing education by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board presents this offering for a maximum of 1 hour(s) credit applicable for relicensure of LASWs, LBSWs, LMSWs and LSCSWs. Kansas Provider Number 12-002. Mary Beth Warren, MS, RN, coordinator.
- Pharmacist: Pending approval by the Board the Kansas Board of Pharmacy, course number is 21-016
- APRNs/RNs: The University of Kansas Medical Center Area Health Education Center East is approved as a provider of CNE by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 1.0 contact hour applicable for APRN or RN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT0056-0749. Mary Beth Warren, MS, RN, Coordinator. Nursing attendance requirement: If a participant misses more than 10% of an offering, a certificate of continuing education will not be issued. Partial credit is NOT given.
All participants requesting continuing education credit or a certificate of attendance must complete documentation of attendance and evaluation form online within the timeframe noted.