Process for monitoring and documenting physician participation
The Portfolio Program is managed by the MOC Portfolio Program Manager, who will confirm physician participation and communicate the necessary information and documentation to the ABMS.
Each initiative will include a team lead who is responsible for the following:
- Download and complete the KUMC MOC Portfolio QI Worksheet
- Upon completion of the worksheet, send it with supporting material (run charts, intervention tool, patient and/or physician survey) to MOCPortfolio@kumc.edu
- Upon project completion, provide information about the project's sustainability, spread, best practices, etc.
- Submit progress reports every six months until the project is completed
- When the project is complete, document physician team members' involvement and submit final report
QI Worksheet/Application Workflow
1. The program leaders submit the QI application to the MOC Project Manager. The MOC Director and Project Manager conduct a preliminary review.
2. The QI worksheet is assigned to at least two reviewers for review.
3. The project leader is notified of the review determination. Feedback is provided to address any concerns, recommendations and/or questions identified by the reviewer.
4. The MOC Project Manager submits the project in REDCap. Project leaders submit appropriate project reports until the project is completed.
5. Project leader submits final project report and physician participation information in REDCap.
6. Physicians complete individual attestations in REDCap.
7. MOC Program Manager reports project completion and physician completion for credit in MOC Part IV to ABMS.