MOC Portfolio Program
The University of Kansas School of Medicine (KUMC) is an approved sponsor of the Multi-Specialty Portfolio ProgramTM (Portfolio Program). The service, provided through the American Board of Medical Specialties® (ABMS), works with health care organizations to support and recognize the work physicians are already doing to improve their practices and the care of their patients.
The Portfolio Program offers an option for organizations to support physician involvement in quality, performance and process improvement (QI/PI) initiatives at their institution and award physicians Improvement in Medical Practice (Part IV) credit for the ABMS Program for Maintenance of Certification (ABMS MOC®).
As a sponsor, we can help you earn MOC QI/PI credit for participating in approved initiatives that align with organizational priorities such as communication, efficiency, patient safety and transition of care.
Benefits of the Portfolio Program
- Resource of ABMS Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- CME credit is available when activities are approved prior to the project start date
- Reduces efforts associated with applying to multiple certifying boards for approval of one or more QI initiatives
- Reporting to the certifying board is automatic (in most cases participants do not need to report to their board)
- Physicians can earn MOC Part IV credit for health care QI efforts within their own practice
Criteria for QI Initiatives
- Address one or more of the six IOM Domains of Health Care Quality
- Have specific, measurable, relevant and time-appropriate aim for improvement
- Use appropriate, relevant and evidence based performance measures that include measurement related to patient care
- Include appropriate interventions to be tested for improvement
- Complete one or more improvement cycles (measure; intervention; re-measure)