To Apply for the KEE Program...
- Access the online portion of the application by clicking the Apply Now button on the left of this webpage. The online "survey" is only the first of several application requirements.
- Complete the online "survey."
- Review the KEE Program Privacy and Confidentiality Training and complete the quiz. You must successfully complete the quiz before you can submit your application.
- The KEE Application will include a privacy and confidentiality agreement, a participation and release attestation (there are separate versions for minors and adults), an infection control attestation (clinical observational experiences only), a section to record and upload health insurance information, and an immunization and TB screening that your primary healthcare provider will need to verify.
- Those requesting research experiences do not need to provide immunization and TB screening information unless you will have contact with patient populations or work in a lab with animals or work with human or animal blood/tissue.
- Those requesting clinical observational (shadowing) experiences do not need to complete the immunization and TB screening form but must be able to provide proof of immunization and TB if asked.
- For Research Learners only: You will need to request and pass a background check from our vendor, Validity Screening Solutions. The cost is approximately $38. Background checks from Validity are required for all KEE program participants age 18 years or older except if you have had a criminal background check within the last 12 months and you can provide documentation to prove it.
- We will email those applying for research experiences instructions on how to request a background check.
- Validity usually takes 24-48 hours to complete a background check.
- Once we determine that your application is complete/approved, we will notify you via email. We will also attach a completed KEE Program ID Badge Form to the email. Please report to the University Badge Office located in the Delp Pavilion, Rm. G060 to receive your credentials. The badge office is open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Other Important Information
- During busy times of the year (April-July and October-December), it may take up to 30 days for us to process your application. Plan ahead and request a reasonable start and end date. Due to the high number of applications, those applicants who identify a sponsor will be processed first. While we do our best to assist you, finding a sponsor is not guaranteed.
- Please complete your application in a timely fashion. The onus is on you to complete the application! If you do not receive an email notifying you that you have completed all the requirements you cannot proceed with your experience.
Last modified: Dec 30, 2019