Update on KUMC Visitors
Visitors of the KUMC Educational Experience (KEE) program are welcome back on campus effective July 6, 2021.
Please see the details below:
- This update applies only to university-based experiences (not clinical settings). Reinstatement dates for clinical shadowing/observerships will be forthcoming.
- Applicants with identified sponsors will be prioritized; matching learners and sponsors will take longer.
- Current remote learners who want to transition to on-campus will be managed on a case-by-case basis.
- The normal 30-day lead time should be expected due to anticipated volume.
- Check the KEE website for the date the application portal will be reopened.
- To meet the current and future demand, additional faculty sponsors are needed.
- Contact Barb Manning at email@example.com or Ryan Spaulding, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you want to be a faculty sponsor.
The Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) program for fourth-year electives has also announced some changes in its application process.
Regarding international visitors, international clinical observers, international research learners, and international clinical elective students (not degree-seeking students nor international employees), managed by the Office of International Programs(OIP), please contact email@example.com or refer to the program’s website.
We will continue to update the KEE and OIP websites and other KU Medical Center communications with any updates. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for individual questions about the KEE application process. For clinical observation questions, please contact Hillary Podrebarac at email@example.com.
All Clinical Observational applications will be accepted and held until reinstatement of on-campus activities. These will be processed by Hillary Podrebarac
), Clinical Shadowing Experiences Coordinator. Research Observational Learners and Research Active Learners will be processed by Barb Manning
), Program Manager in the Institute for Community Engagement. Get started by clicking APPLY NOW from our menu on the left.
Jun 11, 2021