|Follow us on LinkedIn|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
|Follow us on Instagram|
Journeys & Destinations
Interested in a career in health care, but don't know what exact profession you want to pursue? You can narrow down your search by attending Journeys & Destinations.
In this day-long event, high school students spend time with health care professionals from a wide range of disciplines in a small group setting. Students learn from a variety of health care professionals about their career path, salary potential, and daily activities. In the past, Journeys & Destinations has featured presenters who are family physicians, athletic trainers, medical technologists, medical forensic scientists, veterinarians, pharmacists, and occupational therapists.
Journeys & Destinations is a great way for students to find their perfect fit among the many different careers in health care.
Virtual Journeys & Destinations is LIVE!
As we continue to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19, we are pleased to announce the launch of our Virtual Journeys & Destinations! The virtual Journeys & Destinations is a series of pre-recorded videos that are available for viewing at no cost. You can view all the videos or pick and choose which you want to view. Currently, there are six videos live and more will be added as they become available.
Journeys & Destinations guidelines:
- 100 to 150 students attend.
- 10 to 14 presenters.
- Event runs from 8:30 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
- One keynote speaker presents in the morning prior to breakout sessions.
- Cost: $10 per student.
- Schools will be limited in the number and grades of students that can attend.
- If a school is not registered by the deadline, spots will be released to additional students from other schools.
- Forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every student receives an individual agenda. A student's preference in professions will be considered, but sessions will be scheduled to have approximately equal numbers.
- Photo release forms must be completed along with registration and liability forms.