Cassie Karlsson, M.D.
Associate Professor, Wichita - Psychiatry & Behavioral Science
Cassie Karlsson, M.D. is board-certified in psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, and behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry (BNNP). Dr. Karlsson attended medical school at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. She completed a general psychiatry residency at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, and a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the University of Colorado-Denver.
Dr. Karlsson is a Clinical Associate Professor and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with autism, intellectual disabilities, and other neurodevelopmental disorders. She enjoys caring for patients throughout their lifespan, and sees both children and adults. She has a clinical and research interest in Down Syndrome, with specific focus on regression and catatonia.
A large portion of Dr. Karlsson's career has been dedicated to medical student and resident education, previously serving as the program director for the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship and Triple Board Residency (Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry) at Indiana University. She looks forward to helping train the next generation of psychiatrists in the state of Kansas.
Education and Training
- BS, Animal Science and Industry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- MD, Medical Degree, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- Internship, Psychiatry, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Residency, Psychiatry, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- American Neuropsychiatric Association, Membership Committee, Member, 2018 - Present
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatry Residency Training, Member, 2015 - Present
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Member, 2012 - Present
- American Neuropsychiatric Association, Member, 2010 - Present
- American Psychiatric Association, Member, 2008 - Present